A career in law enforcement can be an exciting and rewarding opportunity. It takes dedication and commitment to become a good officer and the Winter Park Police Department is continually looking for qualified individuals who are up to this challenge. We are a full-service, professional Agency, with 82 full-time sworn positions who work in a modern and progressive atmosphere. If you are interested in a position with our Department, please read the information provided below.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements to be eligible to take part in the application process:
For information about career opportunities contact Lieutenant Lisa Suepat at email@example.com.
The following is a list of some background disqualifiers that are set forth by established rules, policies and procedures. If you meet any of these, you will not be considered for employment.
- Any felony arrest or a misdemeanor arrest involving a violation of good moral character as defined by FSS 943.13 and Florida Administrative Rule 11B-27.0011.
- Significant omission of information where it is later discovered the candidate could have made the information available.
- A serious inability of a candidate to communicate in writing.
- Commission of a felony crime within five (5) years of date of application.
- Used or possessed any controlled substance as defined in Chapter 893 F.S.S. within three (3) years, the possession of which would constitute a felony offense under Florida Law.
- Any illegal delivery of a controlled substance, whether or not for profit.
- Five (5) convictions singly or in combination within three (3) years of any traffic violation which demonstrates a pattern of carelessness or driving negligence.
- Has not possessed a valid operator’s license for more than one (1) year.
- Dishonorable discharge from the military.
- Currently smoking or using tobacco products, or having smoked or used tobacco products within the past 12 months.
- Have any visible tattoos that extend past the elbow.
- Have you been terminated or resigned to avoid termination within the past three years from any employment? This does not include termination based on layoffs or downsizing.
This City is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with laws and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, or disability.
For more specific information regarding to employment requirements and compensation, please click the appropriate link below or on the side bar menu: